Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Piracy

You see the forum board and are amazed....files of bondage pics from a site you love and it's all there for the grabbing. All you have to do is go to RapidShare and download the pics...there's no harm in doing this right? Victimless crime...nobody gets hurt.

Bullshit.

Who gets hurt? Mainly the models and producers who's pics your essentially stealing. When folks like me put together a paysite...well, it's called a "paysite" for a reason...ever wonder what you're paying for? Well, the site needs a "home"...somewhere on the net where they won't bother you about the content you're puting up. There's a lot of costs there as well...the posting of the pics, web design, bandwith...you name it. Promotion is involved with that as well...sure, you could have the slamminest bondage website out there, but if no one knows about it, you're not gonna sell a dang thing. OK, then there's the legal aspects of it...you need somebody to take care of your paperwork in case the Goverment comes knocking on your door needing clarification about the new model you just put up on the site.

I could go into a lot more costs on my end, but let's focus in on just one...the models. Ever wonder about those lovely ladies you see all bound and gagged up on my site and others like it...why they do it and all? One reason is the pay...it pays well to be a bondage model...and incidentally, they are the most professional people I've ever worked with...they EARN every red cent I pay them. Now mind you, I'm not slamming anyone about pay or rates and...all the models I've worked with have charged me FAIRLY...the rate I pay is good, but still doesn't come close to defraying their expenses (travel, accomadations, rental cars, food...and that barely scratches the surface), but it is a lot of money. How then do I make that money to pay them with? When people go to my site, become a member, and pay that monthly entrance fee...that money goes DIRECTLY back into the site and allows me to hire models and work with them...or maybe get a new lighting set up to make the pics clearer...or maybe get a slammin' pair of shoes that'd make the model's legs/feet look so hot...;-)

You get the point. It works something like this:

Producer hires Model and they have a photoshoot
Model gets paid
Producer puts pics on his site
Members join the site, buying in
Site costs are defrayed
Procducer gets paid what's left over
Producer takes money, hires Model and they have a photoshoot.

When Piracy becomes involved, the cycle changes a bit...

Producer hires Model and they have a photoshoot
Model gets paid
Producer puts pics on his site
Pirated pics show up on the net for free, and people don't join website
No revenue goes into the site, so none comes out
Producer doesn't get paid, so he can't afford to hire Models
Models go unpaid and find work elsewhere
SITE SHUTS DOWN

A bit over-simplified and with the "terror" aspect amped up a little (lol), but you get the idea. Let me say this, fans...

PIRACY SUCKS...JUST DON'T DO IT.

'Nuff said.
TW

4 comments:

Emma Bond said...

Hi again Tuscon.
I totally agree with you, but I have to say that I am a little guilty of doing this.
I put up my own pictures but to emphasise the how to do it etc in my blog I put up some nice pics from Flikr of all places. I thought that was for personal photos not for pirated stuff.
The only thing I can say about me is that I have quoted the websites and the people involved and I am prepared to take them down with applogies too.
Emma

TucsonTied Blog said...

Emma, I think you're doing fine. Just realize we producers aren't faceless corpoations, but real people that pay these models with hard earned cash from "vanilla" jobs, or site proceeds. Most every site out there has some kind of contact info on them...just write us! We're all pleasant folk and will more than likely give permission to use our stuff on your page in a heartbeat.

No worries...love your blog, btw!

Tony, TucsonTied

Ash said...

I think the sad fact is, we're all guilty.

When you first start discovering what's on the net during those early days, it's VERY easy to get sucked into the sharing communities as it's free. You can't subscribe at that point in time so that's what you do because you feel compelled to absorb more. I don't condone it, but it happens.

Then, you wise up, earn money and do the right thing at some point. I feel that, like music downloading, those folk who always skag stuff for free here would never pay for it anyway, so I doubt the industry would be that much better off is piracy was curtailed completely

It's quite the subject and I may speak about it myself more from the viewpoint of the consumer, but also the fan. Although I do appreciate you're a fan too.

Unknown said...

Hello Tony,enjoy your work.