Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shoe shopping...and shooting with Shannon today!

Had a strange but fun experience I thought I'd share with you all...I went shoe shopping. Nah...I won't be retiring that famous pair of sexy ankle strap sandals you see on a lot of my models anytime soon...I just wanted a little variety. Well...I happen to be a bit of a high heel lover (what guy isn't, really?) with a particular, and some would say damaging, love of the wedged heel. I don't know what it is...something about that style makes me a bit bonkers! Problem is...they aren't very "marketable" for site work...I'm very much a minority in this love, and I know it. Kimberly Marvel helped me purge this demon with some site work in wedge heels the last time I saw her, so when I went shoe shopping yesterday, I went with the "site mentality" purely in mind...sexy, high heeled, stiletto...and nothing with a wedge heel.

And damned if I didn't find nothing BUT wedge heels!

Who decided that wedgies were back in style and didn't tell me, huh? I'm a card carrying wedge heel nut, and have been for years...and now that I'm finally able to walk away for one shopping trip, somebody decides to bring them back? Maddening, let me tell you! ;-)

Seriously, tho...while it did seem like there was nothing but wedgies available, I think I did pretty good. I have three faves when it comes to heels...ankle straps, pumps, and mule slides...which were made mega-popular by Olivia Newton-John at the end of her movie, "Grease". Have a look...did I do good?



I think I did nicely...aren't those little suckers HOT? "Little"...lmao. When I was checking out at the store, the sales gal (who was a cutie...I was half-tempted to give her my business card), looked at the shoes, and with a pout on her face remarked, "I wish my feet were that small." Size 7...yuppers, they are small...and cute too!

Shannon will be wearing those bad girls for me in about 2 hours or so...we have a shoot today...my first for 2009. This should be fun...more after the shoot.

TW

No comments: