Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Tuscon" versus "Tucson"

That was FAST..."Ant" literally overnight caught the intentional gaff I left in that pic, so I thought I'd do the blog I had intended on the subject now. The "mistake" in the pic below is a fairly common one...the spelling of where I live. It's not "Tuscon", it's "Tucson"..."c" before "s", just like in the alphabet (lol).

I don't know why this bothers me as much as it does, but it really does... It's funny...a model that i worked with spelled it "Tuscon" in literally EVERY piece of e-mail we sent back and forth to each other...I just didn't want to correct her. "Tuscon" just makes me feel as if I'm living in Italy (Tuscany)...and nobody spells "New York" wrong...lol.

Chalk it up as a personal pet peeve...I'll try to keep it under control.

TW

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Tucson to Tuscany?
Sigh, only English speaking people can come up with that.
Everyone else in the world seems to know you write the Italian region with an o instead of an u.
LOL

Ash said...

If people get it wrong, just remind them to keep their shirts tuc-ed in when in Tucson....

I only spotted it thanks to a lifetime of people getting my surname wrong - a minor deviation of a common one (one letter difference). Of course, they use the common one due to lazyness.
that and student evenings in with "Countdown"

TucsonTied Blog said...

Toscany? Really? Huh...I'm just as bad as the people getting "Tucson" wrong then...lol.

Nevermind. ;-)

TW