Thursday, June 26, 2008

Model Tributes: Magenta




I'd be willing to bet that each of us producers has at least one model that we feel fortunate that we found. She worked only a few times...and each time after the next was magic. For me, at least, that was Magenta.

She was the luckiest find of my career...the THIRD gal I'd tied. We have a local paper that has a bit of an "attitude" (lol)...disses the local politicians, makes strong political stands, and even runs adult personal columns for "specialized" relationships. Well...in their classifieds, there was a section for running ads for people looking to get into the adult industry...another of the local bondage guys was running ads for models in it (now one of my best buds, Dave Annis)...I figured, "Why not? What's the worst that can happen?" Soooooo, I posted the ad and waited. Got some favorable responses...Kat Turner (who was my first and turned out to be a very competent model), then a gal who just didn't work out...and then Magenta.

She really wanted "in"...but, it seemed, was a bit bashful about doing so, so she brought a friend along to bolster her courage. Ah, was I ever brazen back then...interviewed them in a mall coffee store (in the back, naturally), but still not completely out of sight...when we were finished, it became obvious that an elderly couple sitting next to us had been watching the whole time...what a nasty stare I caught as I left. "Fuck them, " I thought...and then told myself to do the next one more privately. ;-)






When I was to post their pics, they wanted to be called, "A Pair Of Gems", and called themselves gemstone names...Sapphire (Magenta's first model name) and Jade. Jade had some full-blown hesitance going on, but Sapphire...she was THERE, baby. She definitely loved being in front of the camera, and the bondage was even beginning to cozy up to her...she was beginning to like the set-up. Jade, however, was all about, "Just get it DONE."...I didn't expect to see more of her. My bondage majorly sucked back then, but they were making me look good. The ties were quick and a bit hasty (a combination of me watching the clock and Jade's hesitance), but we knocked out some good shit. I paid them, and went about seeing the photos I had taken. Grand stuff, indeed...the camera obviously loved them both (even if Jade didn't love it very well). I edited what I could, and thought that was the end of it...there was no way I'd see them again.....




Fate proved me wrong. Sapphire called and said she was ready for another go. this time, however, she wanted a name change...she wanted to be called, "Magenta"...and a TucsonTied legend was born! Shooting with Magenta alone was a blessing...where Jade was distracting me and making me feel hustled (I was a newbie, remember...that shit don't fly anymore...lol), Magenta on her own was a joy to work with. She took the ropes and the poses in style and just patiently sat back as I applied one rope after the next. To this day, I haven't found a gal who just let me go the way she did...just sat silent while I tied...or we continued the conversation we were having between ties..."So, who do you think'll win the series?" "I'm not sure...the Yankees look tough." "Nah, c'mon..." (I finish the tie on her ankles and grab another bit of rope for the upper knees...) "Seriously, it's gonna be a really good set of games..." It was nice. I consider her one of my "muses"...she just settled back and allowed me to create...







Time passed and after the first shoot, I started to play her up....talk to all my producer friends about this wonderful gal I'd found. The response was once again immeadiate...most everybody I talked to wanted to work with her. THEN, life came knocking.


I won't go into the reasons for the sake of protecting her privacy, but there was a loooooooong gap in between our shoots...then she came back for one more...then I lost contact with her. I know it's nothing sinister, folks...it was just life saying that it's time for her to focus on other things than being a bondage model, and I respect that. Should she want to pose for me again, I'd have ropes ready in a heartbeat...but I sincerely doubt that'll be happening. I have a feeling that she's living a very happy life somewhere...she deserves nothing less than that. Total sweetheart...I do miss her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice, very human. Brings another part of the biz out into the open in a good way! Sounds like she was a real treasure. It would be interesting, since you brought it up to "talk about the things that have changed" in how you get models and how the shoots proceed from the beginning to today.:)